Friday, June 19, 2009

The Future of Books: Rugby



From British Lions fullback, Lee Byrne. Via the BBC.
"It is something [Wales and Lions assistant coach] Shaun Edwards gave me," he said. "I used to play the game in my head on a Friday night and by the time it came round I'd be mentally exhausted. I would go out on the field and have nothing left.
"Shaun told me it was something he used to do as a player and he has given it to a couple of players. It has really helped me a lot. I read anything I can get my hands on really, anything to calm me down."

I'm just starting to write a book about the future of books, bookish things and reading: I'd never thought of the changing room of the British Lions as a "space" for reading. Live and learn. From Lee Byrne.

NB. Post-match book reading: Lee Byrne was injured in the first half of the Lions defeat to South Africa...so much for books

No comments: