Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Crosstrain traffic: journalists to now work 26 hour day shifts


There is a quote about peanuts and monkeys, I know there is, I just can't find it online today. Instead there's this where "ideas and people meet" and then - I'm guessing - instantly hate each other. Or make a Podcast.

Koten is stressing the need for reporters to get out of their protective silos and be more versatile. “If I’m a journalist, I need to be able to do online, print, video, audio - whatever the heck is out there. I wanted to start a super-reporter program here, where we took two reporters from digital, two reporters from Fast Company and two reporters from Inc. and have them cross-train like hell to create a super-reporter who could wear all nine hats. Then I thought: Why shouldn’t everybody be doing that?”

Please.


Enough silos.

No comments: