15 Indiana colleges have signed on with iParadigms, an Oakland, Calif., company that runs Turnitin.com, an Internet service that checks term papers against databases of online resources. Among the universities already using the software are Indiana, Notre Dame and Indiana State.
From the Indiana Star
And just to help
Examples of plagiarism
• Paraphrasing someone else's words too closely.
• Copying from another person's paper.
• Buying, stealing or downloading a paper from a Web site and claiming it as your own.
• Turning in your big sister's paper from last year.
• Using someone else's ideas or materials without acknowledging them or without crediting the other person.
• Cutting and pasting information from a Web site without saying where it came from.
Source: Purdue University Online Writing Lab