Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Exec Tweets, thanks to my Twitter feed



Courtesy of Lucy Kellaway's tweet: her FT column: about this: executives' tweets. Never before have so many whispers led me to John Battelle.


In The New York Times last week Maureen Dowd made fans of Twitter very cross by suggesting that this craze, which has now afflicted 10m people, is a waste of time.

She may be right for most of us, but for business people, I don’t agree. I think it is potentially the best communication tool there is; the trouble is that most executives are making a complete hash of using it. Either they fill it with mundane personal detail, or they fill it with mundane professional detail – which is possibly worse. The first scores higher on embarrassment; the second on tedium.



From the FT via - well, I got there somehow.

No comments: