Monday, October 20, 2008

Moron I-Google 2

As it were. Having spent the best part of two years building up my I-google home page feeds I now cannot access them. My home page defaults to my Gmail account - sometimes. At other times I get a Google sorry message.

Others are angry too:
And Google won't let users switch their home pages back to the way they used to be, which has sparked a furious revolt, online activism, and even some homegrown fixes.

This from Ten Zen Monkeys...
There is this from Information Week:
"We're constantly thinking about how to improve our products for our users," said Jessica Ewing, iGoogle's senior product manager, in an e-mail. "Then we take our ideas, prototype them, and put them through a vigorous set of usability tests and experiments to make sure we are doing the right thing for users. The iGoogle features we launched yesterday [Oct. 16] went through this exact process, and we've made changes along the way based on feedback from users and developers."

Well, Jessica, all I would like to be able to do is access my home page...that doesn't sound so hard, does it?

Update: everything fine on igoogle.co.uk. Strange but true. How long do we have?

No comments: